Problem Pools allow instructors to randomize which problem(s) a student receives from a grouping of similar questions. Aktiv Chemistry allows instructors to select questions from the bank to add to a pool within an assignment, which can help mitigate answer sharing between students.
1. From your Chrome or Firefox Browser, navigate to 101edu.co/login and Login to your existing instructor Account.
2. Click on "Launch Aktiv Chemistry Web." Or, on a smart phone or tablet, download the Aktic Chemistry app and log in.
3. Select "New Activity."
4. At the top, select the type of activity (In-class, Homework, Practice, or Timed Quiz) you would like to create.
5. For question pools, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select "Add Problem Pool."
6. You can now choose which problems to add to the pool by selecting "Add Problem(s) to Pool."
7. Once you select "Add Problem(s) to Pool", then you will be taken to the Question Bank to chose which problem(s) to add to the pool. Add your desired question(s) by clicking on the green "Add" button. Continue selecting until you have the correct number of questions, removing any by pressing the red "Remove from Problem Pool" button.
8. Once you have selected the questions for the pool, select "Done" in the top right of the screen to go back to the Activity Creation Screen.
9. From here, you can select how many questions from the pool a student will receive by using the plus and minus signs under "Number of Problems to Assign."
10. You can also remove questions from the Problem Pool by selecting the red "Remove" button next to the question.
11. In addition, you have the option to remove a question from a pool but leave it in the assignment for all students by selecting the yellow "Detach from Pool" button.
12. If you would like to use more than one Problem Pool for an assignment, just select "Add Problem Pool" again to create an additional pool of questions.
13. Please note that when you publish an assignment with question pools that you will receive the below message letting you know that you will not be able to add, remove, or modify the number of assignment problems in any questions pools.
You have successfully created a Problem Pool! If there are any issues while going through this process, or to report a larger issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please pardon our appearance as we spruce up our support pages to match our new look. Some images may have slightly different logos, colors, or wording. Everything you need, like buttons and settings, should all be in the same place. If you have questions, reach out to us at email@example.com