In order to give more options for securing academic integrity, Aktiv has introduced the ability for instructors to block access to other assignments while a particular quiz is in progress. Here's how to enable this feature!
1. Log into your Aktiv Chemistry Account and click "Launch Web App."
2. Either create a new timed quiz, by going to the "Assignments" Tab, selecting New Activity then Timed Quiz.
3. Or you can also set up this setting by editing an existing timed quiz. Go to the "Assignments" Tab, select Quiz Tab, then click "Edit" next to the quiz that you would like to hide other assignments.
4. Once on the Assignments settings page, select "Grading" on the left side panel, scroll to "Hide all other assignments while quiz/exam is in progress", and use the toggle to turn on this feature.
5. You can then save the draft of your assignment, or publish it immediately using the buttons in the top right.
6. Once a student has started the timed quiz, they will not be able to access any other assignments. Below is an example of what a student sees when this feature is turned on:
If you're still having trouble, or have any questions in general, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org