Assignments can be easily converted from one type to another. For example, if you have an existing in-class activity and want to convert it to a homework assignment, follow these steps. The same general steps are used to interconvert any Activity types.
1. Locate the existing activity to be converted and select 'Edit' on the right sidebar.
2. The will take you to the Activity Type page where you can select 'Homework.'
3. Update the Scheduling (Due Date), Grading Preferences (Simple or Advanced), and Additional Resources (OpenStax) or any other setting that would make sense for the new assignment type.
4. Click 'Save Draft' if you want the assignment to be published at a later date or click 'Publish' for the assignment to be immediately available to your students. Your assignment will now appear in the HW tab.
5. You can also use the Duplicate or Copy To Draft button to make a copy of an assignment if you want to convert an assignment but keep the original. Just rename the assignment after duplicating and follow the above steps.
You're all set! As always, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please pardon our appearance as we spruce up our support pages to match our new look. Some images may have slightly different logos, colors, or wording. Everything you need, like buttons and settings, should all be in the same place. If you have questions, reach out to us at email@example.com