In Aktiv Chemistry, it is easy to write your own questions! This feature is helpful if you'd like to add a specific question from your lecture or textbook, or just want to ask something that isn't covered in the question bank. Here are the steps to create your own question:
1. Sign in to your account via a Chrome or Firefox browser.
2. Navigate to the Questions Tab by clicking on the word Questions in grey, then to the My Questions Tab on the right side. If you already have some authored questions, they will show up in a folder. Just click the folder to expand and see the questions it contains.
3. If you do not have any authored questions yet, click New Category to create a folder for your new question to be stored in.
4. Click Create New Question to start typing your question.
5. From this screen, you can type up your question. Use the little symbol menu when typing to add subscripts, superscripts, and symbols.
6. You can also upload a related image that will show up under the question.
7. Select the amount of time you think will be required for students to finish the question. This will be helpful when making assignments.
8. There are two entry styles for an authored question: Multiple choice or Numeric Entry. If using Multiple Choice, use the slider to adjust how many options you want for answers.
9. Select which option you would like to be the correct one.
10. Enter the answers for each option and also, if you'd like, provide some feedback for incorrect answers.
11. For Numeric Entry, select this style of question and enter the number that will be correct. You can also enter the unit for the answer, as well as a margin of error. If you'd like to allow for some rounding, choose between 0.5 and 2 percent. If you want the exact number, choose 0. You can also enter common incorrect answers and provide feedback for these numbers.
12. Once you have entered the question and all of the answers, hit Preview to see the question in action. You can even answer the question to check on the feedback that will be displayed. Hit Done when you are finished to return to the question editing screen.
13. Once you are finished and ready to save the problem, click Save and then Exit. Your question is ready to use in all types of assignments now!
Please pardon our appearance as we spruce up our support pages to match our new look. Some images may have slightly different logos, colors, or wording. Everything you need, like buttons and settings, should all be in the same place. If you have questions, reach out to us at email@example.com