1. From your Chrome or Firefox Browser, navigate to 101edu.co/login and Login to your existing instructor Account.
2. Click on "Launch Aktiv Chemistry Web." Or, on a smart phone or tablet, download the Chem101 app and log in.
3. Select "New Activity."
4. At the top, select the type Homework. Homework will have a deadline and be downloaded by default in your grade book, whereas Practice will have no deadline and have unlimited attempts to answer the question correctly.
5. For Homework assignments, select the due date by clicking on the default date and using the calendar to choose the day and adjust the time at the bottom.
6. You can choose to Publish now or make it Scheduled for a particular date. Make your choice, and if you are scheduling it, choose the date and time as above.
7. Under Grading, you can select "Simple" or "Advanced." The "Advanced" grading allows you to adjust the point value for all questions, turn on Variable points for questions, add a point penalty per problem attempt, randomize question order and turn on and off late submissions along with late submission options like "Penalty Percent", "Gradual Penalty", "Increase Penalty" and final submission date.
8. Both "Simple" and "Advanced" grading allow you to select the number of attempts you would like students to get before being marked incorrect, if you would like students to see the answer to a question before the assignment is due, and if you would like randomized values in questions marked as Algorithmic.
9. Under Recipients, select if you want the assignment assigned to "All Students" or "Individuals/ Groups."
10. If you want a link to Openstax then toggle "Add Openstax Link" under Additional Resources. You can then select which version of Openstax you would like to link with.
11. From the bottom of the page, select "Add problem(s)" or "Add problem pool."
12. (Optional) If needed, use the drop-down menu to filter the question bank to align with either a certain course type, or a specific OpenStax textbook. This setting will become default for your next assignment once published.
13. Click on the topics and subtopics to access the questions. The red finger-tap icon indicates that this topic/subtopic includes questions with interactive tools.
Note that the suggested time to answer the question is listed above the question text. This indicates how involved each question is for the student to answer. You will also see the gray Algorithmic badge when a question can have a randomized value if you toggled on Algorithmic values.
14. To see the student view of the question, click on the question text. Select an answer and click "View solution" to see the feedback for correct and incorrect answers. Hit "Done" or the back button to return to the question bank.
15. Add your desired question(s) by clicking on the green "Add" button. Continue selecting until you have the correct number of questions, removing any by pressing the red "Remove" button.
16. Click "Done" to return to the activity settings page.
17. Name the activity and click Save Draft to save the homework assignment to publish later, or Publish to have it published right now, or the date/time it has been scheduled for.
18. If you have saved the draft and want to publish it, click Publish on the assignment area.
Congratulations! You have published your first homework!
You're all set! As always, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please pardon our appearance as we spruce up our support pages to match our new look. Some images may have slightly different logos, colors, or wording. Everything you need, like buttons and settings, should all be in the same place. If you have questions, reach out to us at email@example.com