Taking Attendance is an assignment type within In-Class assignments that allow instructors to take attendance using Aktiv Chemistry.
1. Login to chem101.co from a Chrome or Firefox browser.
2. Launch Aktiv Chemistry Web, or sign into the app on your device.
3. Within the Assignments Tab, select In-Class then click NEW ATTENDANCE.
4. Set a TIME LIMIT to determine how long your students have to enter the day’s attendance code. Students who do not enter the code in the specified limit will be marked absent for class.
5. Set a SESSION LENGTH to determine how long your students remain checked in for class. Students who are absent will be unable to complete in-class activities until the session expires.
6. Click SAVE FOR CLASS to publish later during your lesson or START to generate the unique code right away.
7. If saving for class, then Click START to start the time limit and create the unique code for that session.
8. Project the code to the students so they can enter it into their devices.
Please pardon our appearance as we spruce up our support pages to match our new look. Some images may have slightly different logos, colors, or wording. Everything you need, like buttons and settings, should all be in the same place. If you have questions, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org