1. Log into Aktiv Chemistry on your Firefox or Chrome browser, and then click "Launch Web App".
2. From the "Assignments" Tab, select "In-Class" and then click on "New Poll".
3. Name your poll based on the question you will be asking.
4. If you wish to set a time limit, select "Timed" and enter the time limit desired. You can also select "Untimed" if you wish to leave the poll open until you manually end the poll.
5. If there is a correct answer to the question, select "Correct Answer" or, if it does not have a correct answer, choose "No Correct Answer."
6. Use the slider to select how many answer choices are in your question.
7. If you are doing a poll with a Correct Answer, select the answer letter that is correct to turn it green. You can also toggle on the "Present answer to students BEFORE the poll ends" if you would like.
8. To save this poll for use in your class at a later time, select "Save for Class" in the upper left. If you are ready to start now, then select "Start" in the top right corner.
9. If saving for later and you are now ready to send the poll out to student devices, you can click "Start" on the right side of the Poll assignment. This is also where you can end an untimed poll by clicking "End."
Congratulations! You have administered your first Poll!
You're all set! As always, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.