1. From your Chrome or Firefox Browser, navigate to 101edu.co/login and Login to your existing instructor Account.
2. Click on "Launch Aktiv Chemistry Web." Or, on a smart phone or tablet, download the Aktiv Chemistry app and log in.
3. Select "New Activity."
4. At the top, select the type Practice. Practice assignments allow for unlimited attempts on the question until the student gets the answer correct. Feedback will be offered for each attempt, and once the student does get the question correct, they will be able to reset the assignment and try again.
5. Name your assignment, and decide if you would like to offer a link to an Openstax textbook in each question so students can review the related topics while working through the questions. Toggle the slide if this option is of interest, and select the appropriate version of Openstax.
6. From the bottom of the page, select "Add problem(s)" or "Add problem pool."
7. (Optional) If needed, use the drop-down menu to filter the question bank to align with either a certain course type, or a specific OpenStax textbook. This setting will become default for your next assignment once published.
8. Click on the topics and subtopics to access the questions. The red finger-tap icon indicates that this topic/subtopic includes questions with interactive tools.
Note that the suggested time to answer the question is listed above the question text. This indicates how involved each question is for the student to answer.
9. To see the student view of the question, click on the question text. Select an answer and click "View solution" to see the feedback for correct and incorrect answers. Hit "Done" or the back button to return to the question bank.
10. Add your desired question(s) by clicking on the green "Add" button. Continue selecting until you have the correct number of questions, removing any by pressing the red "Remove" button.
Note: Questions used previously in Homework assignments will be marked as such as well, so if you'd like student to reattempt homework problems or would like to avoid questions in active homework assignments, keep an eye out for the text below Add/Remove.
11. Click "Done" to return to the activity settings page.
12. Click Save Draft to save the practice assignment to publish later, or Publish to have it published right now.
15. If you have saved the draft and want to publish it, click Publish on the assignment area.
Congratulations! You have published your first Practice assignment!
You're all set! As always, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please pardon our appearance as we spruce up our support pages to match our new look. Some images may have slightly different logos, colors, or wording. Everything you need, like buttons and settings, should all be in the same place. If you have questions, reach out to us at email@example.com