This Support Article explains how to create a Practice assignment. Practice assignments allow for unlimited attempts on the question until the student gets the answer correct. Feedback will be offered for each attempt, and once the student does get the question correct, they will be able to reset the assignment and try again.
1. From your Chrome or Firefox Browser, navigate to your Aktiv Learning Account, log in to your existing instructor Account, and click "Launch Web App".
2. Navigate to the "Assignment" tab and select "New Activity" to open the assignment settings page.
3. Using the left panel, select the type "Practice".
4. On the left-side panel, click on "Title of Activity" and then enter the name of your assignment.
If you would like to offer a link to a textbook in each question so students can review the related topics while working through the questions, select "Resources" on the left side, then toggle "Add extra Resource Link", and select the appropriate textbook from the dropdown menu.
Note: There is also the option within the "Scheduling" section to schedule the practice to publish in the future and a "Recipients" section as well. For more on assigning questions to specific recipient students, see this article.
5. From the main panel, select "Add problem(s)" or "Add problem pool."
6. Use the Question Bank drop-down menu on the left side to filter the question bank to align with either a certain course type, or a specific textbook. This setting will become the default for your next assignment once published.
7. Click on the topics and subtopics to access the questions. The red finger-tap icon indicates that this topic/subtopic includes questions with interactive tools.
Note that the suggested time to answer the question is listed above the question text. This indicates how involved each question is for the student to answer.
8. To see the student's view of the question, click on the question text. Select an answer and click "Show Answer" to see the feedback for correct and incorrect answers. Click "Done" or the back arrow button to return to the question bank.
9. Add your desired question(s) by clicking on the green "Add" button. Continue selecting until you have the correct number of questions, removing any by pressing the red "Remove" button.
Note: Questions used previously in Homework assignments will be marked as such as well, so if you'd like student to reattempt homework problems or would like to avoid questions in active homework assignments, keep an eye out for the text below Add/Remove.
10. Click "Done" in the upper right corner to return to the activity settings page.
11. In the top right, click "Save Draft" to save the practice assignment to publish later, or "Publish Activity" to have it published right now.
12. When you are ready to publish a saved assignment, you can navigate to the "Assignment" tab, then "Practice" assignments where you can click "Publish" in the top right of the assignment.
Congratulations! You have published your first Practice assignment!
You're all set! As always, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.