1. From your Chrome or Firefox Browser, navigate to 101edu.co/login and Login to your existing instructor Account.
2. Click on "Launch Aktiv Chemistry Web App."
3. On a smart phone or tablet, simply log into the Aktiv Chemistry app.
4. Select "New Activity."
5. From the bottom of the page, select "Add problem(s)."
6. Click on the topics and subtopics to access the questions. The finger-tap icon indicates that this topic/subtopic includes questions with interactive tools.
7. Note that the suggested time to answer the question is listed above the question text. This indicates how involved each question is for the student to answer.
8. To see the student view of the question, click on the question text. Select an answer and click "View solution" to see the feedback for correct and incorrect answers. Hit "Done" or the back button to return to the question bank.
9. Add your desired question(s) by clicking on the green "Add" button. Continue selecting until you have the correct number of questions, removing any by pressing the red "Remove" button.
10. Click "Done" in upper-right to return to the activity settings page.
11. Name the activity.
12. Select either the "Timed" or "Untimed" option. If you choose "Untimed" you will be able to end the activity manually during class.
13. For a "Timed" assignment, you will see a total suggested time for the whole activity based on the questions selected. Use the plus/minus buttons or click on the numbers and type in your desired length for the assignment.
14. Choose a number of attempts per problem, and toggle the option to show the correct answer BEFORE the assignment is finished if desired.
15. Click "Save for Class" on the upper left corner.
16. Once you are ready to send the assignment out to student devices, you can simply click "Start" on the far right of the assignment, or click anywhere on the assignment name and hit "Start" on the upper right.
17. If you have left the assignment Untimed, you can end it on the assignment tab by clicking "End." Otherwise, the assignment will finish once the timer runs out.
Congratulations! You have administered your first in-class assignment!
If you're still having trouble, or have any questions in general, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please pardon our appearance as we spruce up our support pages to match our new look. Some images may have slightly different logos, colors, or wording. Everything you need, like buttons and settings, should all be in the same place. If you have questions, reach out to us at email@example.com