Assigning an activity to a specific student or group of students will allow you to determine which students can see and take a certain assignment. This tool has a wide range of applications including creating different versions of assignments, giving limited access to make-up work or extra credit, splitting assignments across multiple meeting times, and more.
If you want to assign to a group that will commonly do work together, such as a class meeting section, please see our Support Article on How to Create, Edit, and Delete Course Groups for more information about setting up groups.
1. Log into your Aktiv Learning Account and Launch Web App.
2. A) From the Assignment tab, select "New Activity" from the top of the main panel.
B) Or click "Edit" next to an existing assignment.
3. Using the left panel, select "Recipients" to determine which students receive the assignment. To assign specific student(s) or group(s) to an assignment select Individual/Group.
4. From here, it will show the Groups that you have in the course or a list of student names. To view individual students within the groups, click on the group name.
Note: The red "Exempt" or "Exempt All" button means the student or group is currently getting the assignment, but the red button will remove them. The green "Assign" or "Assign All" button means the student or group is currently exempt and the button will add them back to the group being assigned.
5. To exempt a group of students from an assignment, select "Exempt All" next to the group name. It will now show "Assign All" next to the group name.
6. To exempt a student from an assignment, you can search for their name using the search bar, and then select "Exempt" next to the student's name. You will then see "Assign" next to the student's name.
7. If you need to move a group or student from the exemption group to the assigned group, just select the green button, "Assign", next to the student's name, or "Assign All" next to the group name.
If you're still having trouble, or have any questions in general, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org