Adaptive Follow-up is a feature available that will automatically generate a personalized follow up activity for each student in your course based on their individual performance on a Homework assignment. If you find this feature is not enabled for your course, please reach out to your account manager or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. From your Chrome or Firefox Browser, navigate to aktiv.com/login and login to your existing instructor account, and select Launch Web App.
2. Navigate to the "Assignments" tab, select "New Activity", and then on the left side panel click "Homework" in order to create a new homework assignment.
3. If you see the below message, then your course does not have Adaptive Follow Up added. Select "Contact us to Upgrade" to have our Support Team connect you with your account team to add this feature to your course.
4. Once you have added Adaptive Follow Up to your course, then you can choose to turn it on for individual homework assignments by selecting "Adaptive Follow Up" section from the assignment settings page on the left side panel. You can then use the toggle "Enable Adaptive Follow Up" to toggle on Adaptive Follow Up.
5. This opens the "Adaptive Follow Up Settings" page.
6. Pedagogy Settings
-Behavior: "Optional" which sends the Follow Up Assignment to the students' Practice Section or "Required" which sends the Follow Up Assignment to the students' Homework Section with a specific due date.
-Added Tutorial Questions (Recommended): "Enabled" will add scaffolded tutorial questions (where available) to the Adaptive Follow Up assignment for specific learning objectives that Aktiv Chemistry determines each student needs additional help on while "Disabled" does not.
7. Scheduling Settings
-Start Date: "Relative Date" allows you to select a date relative to the primary assignment due date while "Exact Date" allows you to choose a specific date for the assignment to become available to students.
-Due Date: "Relative Date" allows you to select a date relative to the Adaptive Follow Up start date while "Exact Date" allows you to choose a specific date for the assignment to be due.
8. Grading Settings
-Attempts per Problem: allows you to adjust the number of attempts that students have per problem.
-Point Penalty Per Problem Attempt: selecting "Penalty" will allow you to choose the penalty that the student will receive per problem attempt while "No Penalty" would allow the student to submit additional attempts without penalty.
-Late Submissions: "Don't Allow" closes the assignment once the due date passes while "Allow" keeps the assignment available to students after the due date with the instructor being able to select the Penality Percent, whether the Penality is Constant or Gradual along with the option to select a Late Submission Due Date.
9. Customized Gradebook Settings
-Include in Grade Calculation: "Included" will include the Adaptive Follow Up assignment when calculating grades, while "Excluded" will mean that the Adaptive Follow Up assignment is not considered when calculating grades.
-Custom Weight: Allows instructors to weight the Adaptive Follow Up Assignment. To adjust the weight, you can use the plus and minus buttons or double-click on the number to use the keypad to enter a new number.
10. Click "Save" in the top right corner to apply the Adaptive Follow Up Settings to the assignment.
Congratulations! You have created your first Adaptive Follow Up assignment!
You're all set! As always, feel free to reach out to email@example.com with any questions.