This support article explains how to setup your Proctorio settings - recording, lockdown, verification & on-screen tools are all options. Once you have enabled proctoring on a quiz or exam, you can customize the settings to your preferences.
1. Click on the icons to select or deselect a proctoring option to include on the quiz or exam. When options are enabled, the boxes will outline in red with a checkmark. Hover cursor over each box for additional detail.
2. Selecting Recording Options
a. We do not encourage selecting, Video, Audio, Screen, and Web traffic recording due to extremely common issues of low bandwidth, causing students to be unable to access graded assessments. Please see the low bandwidth settings instructions for the suggested lockdown options.
b. Room Scan recording is not recommended with desktop computers; this setting asks students to move their computer webcam around the space they will be taking the quiz or exam. If they cannot pass the room scan, they will not be let into the assessment.
3. Selecting LockDown Options will allow for screen control and will scan on-screen behavior levels while students take the quiz or exam. For example, if a student tries to navigate to another window at any time during a proctored assessment, this behavior will be flagged and reported.
4. Selecting Verification Option will prompt the student to verify the student’s signature during precheck. We recommend selecting this option when you have enabled any recording settings.
5. Selecting On Screen Tools to give students access to either a calculator or a whiteboard to do their work with while completing the quiz.
Important Note: Proctorio will perform a computer system pre-check on the audio (microphone), video (webcam), computer desktop, and internet connection before the exam begins. This process usually takes approximately 3-5 minutes (in some cases it may take up to 10-15 minutes). If a room-scan is required, it takes even longer. Make sure you add an extra 15-20 minutes to the exam availability window (i.e., available from and until date/time).
We recommend that you create a Demo Quiz/Exam for students to complete before attempting a high-stakes assessment with Proctorio. This will help them understand the required setup process, and for you to address any issues with the settings you selected.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org