Assigning an activity to a specific student or groups of students will allow you to determine which students can see and take a certain assignment. This tool has a wide range of applications including creating different versions of assignments, giving limited access to make up work or extra credit, splitting assignments across multiple meeting times, and more. To easily set up this limited access while making or editing an assignment, follow the below steps.
If you want to assign to a group that will commonly do work together, such as a class meeting section, please see our Support Article on How to Create, Edit, and Delete Course Groups for more information about setting up groups.
1. Navigate to Chem101.co and log in to your account
2. Select "Launch Aktiv Chemistry Web"
3. To begin, first go to the Assignments Tab.
4. Select New Activity to create a new assignment to assign select student(s) to a new assignment.
Or click edit assignment to assign student(s) to an existing assignment.
5. Scroll down to the section called Recipients.
6. To assign student(s) to an assignment select Individual/Group.
7. From here, a table allows you to determine which student or group to exempt from the assignment. The left side of the table has students/groups to whom the assignment is assigned to and on the right are students/groups who are exempt from the assignment.
8. To exempt a group of students from an assignment, select Exempt All next to the group name. In this case, the remaining group, Group A, will receive the assignment.
9. To exempt a student from an assignment, you can search for their name then select Exempt next to the student's name. In this case, all other students other than Stan will receive the assignment.
10. If you need to move a group or student from the exemption group to the assigned group, just select the green button, Include, next to the student's name or Include All next to the group name.
If you're still having trouble, or have any questions in general, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please pardon our appearance as we spruce up our support pages to match our new look. Some images may have slightly different logos, colors, or wording. Everything you need, like buttons and settings, should all be in the same place. If you have questions, reach out to us at email@example.com